If you have a HP OfficeJet 8500 and its functions stop working properly, consider the option of resetting the device. This can help you solving fundamental problems, such as printing or fax errors, or other problems when changing the cartridges. This process is also known as “Hard Reset” or “Semifull Reset”. The steps are as follows:
- Turn the printer off and cut off the power.
- Wait a minute.
- Cut on the power without turning on the printing.
- Locate the touch button “Stop” (it is at the lower right corner).
- Press the touch button “Stop” and keep pressing it while switching on the printer.
- When the menu appears, release this button and press now the “Return” button (it is at the lower left corner) four times. By doing this step, the Support Menu will be opened. If not, please go back to step number 2.
- Use the arrows in the right and left corners to move through the menu. Locate the “Resets Menu” option and press “Ok”.
- Locate the option the “Semifull Reset” option and press “Ok”.
- The printer will be automatically turned off. Switch the printer on and the configuration wizard will appear.
Please notice that by doing the reset to your HP OfficeJet 8500 printer, you are restoring it to its factory default settings so before resetting your printer, try to identify the problem and find the correct solution.