The world of printers is very big and their many parts and pieces can raise lots of questions. It has been a while now since printing devices are a part of our homes and offices, but they still drive us crazy sometimes, so in this article we have gathered some of the most frequently asked questions about printers:
Will the ink in my cartridges dry out?
To pretend your printer ink from drying out it is advisable to install your printer in a cool place, away from heat sources. You should also print a page every now and then using both black and colour ink to keep the cartridges form drying out. Another alternative is turning the printer on from time to time even though you are not going to use it or leave it in standby mode.
What can I do if my printer won’t print?
There are many different types of printers in the market, so there are also a lot of possible reasons why your printer might not print. First of all you must make sure that the printer is on and connected to your PC as directed by the manufacturer.
Sometimes, printing problems may arise if the driver software is not updated, so you can use Windows Update to find the last version available and install it.
If updating the software did not work, then you will have to contact the manufacturer.
Why does my printer take so long to start printing?
This is a very common problem if you have not used your printing device for a while. If this is the case, your printer will probably perform an automatic head-cleaning. On the other hand, if your printer features Internet connection, it will regularly carry out a firmware update check.
Will compatible ink cartridges damage my printer?
No, compatible ink cartridges will not damage your printer. This type of cartridges are regularly analysed by consumer organisations and they have been proven to deliver the same quality as original ones while being cheaper and more environmentally friendly.
What can I do if I cannot find the printer I want to add to my network folder?
- Make sure your network connection is working normally.
- If your PC is connected to a network domain, you might not be allowed to use certain printers, so you will need to contact the system administrator to get access to it.
- If you add a printer connected to another PC on the same network and it is shared by different people, make sure that the computer linked to the printer is on when you use it.
How can I print from a remote computer?
Nowadays printers allow us to print also from a remote computer, but you need to set it up correctly so as not have problems.
- Click the Start button, then choose All Programs, then click Accessories and finally choose Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click Options and then Local Resources.
- In local devices and resources, select the check box for Printers.
- Click Connect to log in.